Tools and equipment
You will need access to hand
- broad knives, caulking guns, hammers; measuring tapes and rules, power drills, power leads, screw guns, squares, tin snips, trowels and may include: C clamps, locking saws and drop saws, masonry drills, saw stools, setting boxes.
To successfully complete this unit, you will be required to:
- Complete all of the on-line assessments
- Provide verbal answers to our trainers using our on-line classroom
- Complete and submit a Standard Operating procedure for using a tool on-site using our template, and apply this SOP to your workplace.
- Answer some questions from one of our trainers about the tools and equipment you have used at work.
To complete this unit you will need to:
- install to specification a minimum of three dry wall passive fire-rated systems with:
- one for a steel stud wall
- one covering columns and beams
- one comprising a multiple layer system.
Work Activity recorderRead and follow instructions
Read and interpret documents and plans
Communicate with others including non-verbal communication
Plan and set-out work
An essential element of this unit is showing us that you have the required skills as well as knowledge. Please make sure you use the work activity recorder regularly to record any evidence of work that you are doing that relates to this unit.
This includes, but is not limited to:
The expected duration of this unit is 2 days, however, you will have access to this course for 6 months. Your trainer will be closely monitoring your progress. Please contact your trainer if you are having any difficulties with this unit.